Monday, April 2, 2012

Dude, where's my Apple?

Ain't no April Fool's here.
The news broke yesterday. Ashton Kutcher is to play Steve Jobs in an upcoming indie cinema masterpiece called just 'Jobs', which will be a biography of an iPod inventor. Yep, Kutcher, the one known from shitloads of stupid comedies and the 'wittiest' show ever 'Punk'd'.

DERP
Not that I'm a fan of Steve Jobs, he, as usual in this business, wasn't a saint, and not such a genius as he was portrayed to be, as the succes of iTunes/iPods/other iThings is mostly a matter of tons of money spent on an advertisment, but this casting seems to be controversial.


I doubt that Ashton will handle the task, judging by his previous filmography. I admit, there is some ressemblance (look down). But is it enough? Best wishes to the makers, but it probably won't repeat a success of the loudest biographical film in previous years, 'Social Network'.


19 comments:

  1. no one is perfect and steve understood the future and he got it there by different methods.
    nice post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah there is a resemblence, but I highly doubt Kutcher will do a good job too, don't like many of his movies anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny. Had a hard time believing this until I googled it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that has to be his son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, Hollywood is really running out of ideas now aren't they?

    I'm sure the overly zealous mactards will surely look past the shitty actor and more into the life of their "God-King" Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. there's actually a pretty strong resemblance to young steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. He always seemed like a rather rude person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's got big names, that's all it needs to make a quick buck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i don't really think it's going to turn out very well

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm neither a fan of Jobs nor of Kutcher, so I'll just ignore this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'll ignore it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very interesting choice of actor...i am very interested if this is going to end well :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, they do look alike... I remember I liked Ashton back in the day when I thought that MTV was cool.. But this film does not seem as an easy task, I wonder if he will cope with it.

    ReplyDelete